A couple of days ago, I finished the painting of an Evening Grosbeak. But, yesterday morning I was looking at it and something seemed to be missing. I realized that I hadn’t drybrushed a highlighted area around the head area of the bird. In all my other bird paintings, I have been habitually creating a highlighted spot around or very near the main subject matter. So, I remedied the situation, giving the bird a brighter background to make him pop. And here are the before and after pictures of “Evening Grosbeak”:
There appears to be a “brightness” difference between the two photographs, caused by the difference in lighting between the two times I took the photos. The old version looks a bit washed out, so the newer version is actually more accurate.